UM Women's Ministries
“If you want to give a light to others ... you have to glow yourself.”
Holiday Greetings from your UMW! We are full of wonder and delight as our Christmas season begins with festivities galore. We pray that everyone will join the UMM/UMW Christmas Banquet on Monday, Dec. 4 at 6:30 p.m. The UMW will provide the fried chicken and we ask you to bring a side dish or dessert. We’re also excited to hold our annual auction with themed gift baskets and silent auction items. More information will be just ahead. Our Executive Board will meet on Dec. 5 at 9:30 a.m. During December we will not have a General Membership Meeting due to the banquet being our fellowship time. We call upon our Lord and Savior to keep you safe and show you that He is the splendor of a humble birth to save us all. Merry Christmas!
The purpose of United Methodist Women is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of missions through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Chestnut Memorial has had a rich history of women working together in the name of Jesus Christ through United Methodist Women. Chestnut has 5 Circles that meet each month with over 100 members. We would like to invite you to join us. You can visit any of the Circles. Walk-ins welcome.
- Circle 1: Meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at 1:00 p.m. in the church, Nancy Moore
- Circle 2: Meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the church, Marjie Carroll
- Circle 4: Meets on the *2nd Wednesday every other month at 6:30 p.m. in the church, Debbie Richardson
- Circle 6: Meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. in the church, Barbara Davis
- Circle 7: Meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. in the church, Pat Belote & Lyn Vaughn
- Circle 1: School Kits
- Circle 2: Health Kits and Socks
- Circle 4: School Kits
- Circle 6: Chestnut Food Pantry and Health Kits
- Circle 7: School Kits
- UMW volunteers make Stone Soup every 3rd Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.
The UMW General Meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of the month. All ladies of the church are invited to attend. Our programs vary monthly. October through May our luncheon meetings are a covered dish at 11:30 a.m. The September and June meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. Bring a brown bag and desserts will be furnished.
Where does our Missions money go?
Local Missions: ACCESS (Children with HIV/Aids), Transitions, Salvation Army, Peninsula Rescue Mission, Youth Challenge, Wesley Foundation (W&M), United Campus (CNU), Heart Haven, Menchville House, Peninsula Pastoral Counseling Center, Lackey Free Clinic.
Peninsula District Missions: UMCOR United (Disaster Relief), Henry Fork Center, Red Bird Missions, AGAPE on the Eastern Shore, Migrant Ministry (Eastern Shore), Wesley Community Service Center, Mattaponi Healing Eagle Clinic.
For more info, contact Jo Rawls or Penny Sparrow.