UM Women's Ministries
Meetings & Events
May the Lord, our God be gracious to you all. The UMW slows down just a bit for July and August. We will not have any Executive or General Membership meetings. However, on Sunday, Jul. 16, we will be sponsoring a Salad and Potato Bar. We will start the meal at 11 a.m. and the cost will be $7 per person, $4 for children. Please share a good meal and loving fellowship with us. May your day be bright and beautiful!
Jean Conley, UMW Membership, Nurture and Outreach Coordinator, would like to thank everyone for the canceled / uncanceled stamps, General Mills box tops for education labels, and Campbell's product UPC codes that were collected from September through April. Please note: we no longer collect Campbell’s soup labels, as that program has been discontinued.
The purpose of United Methodist Women is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of missions through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Chestnut Memorial has had a rich history of women working together in the name of Jesus Christ through United Methodist Women. Chestnut has 5 Circles that meet each month with over 100 members. We would like to invite you to join us. You can visit any of the Circles. Walk-ins welcome.
- Circle 1: Meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at 1:00 p.m. in the church, Nancy Moore
- Circle 2: Meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the church, Margie Carroll
- Circle 4: Meets on the *2nd Wednesday every other month at 6:30 p.m. in the church, Debbie Richardson
- Circle 6: Meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. in the church, Barbara Davis
- Circle 7: Meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. in the church, Pat Belote & Lyn Vaughn
- Circle 1: School Kits
- Circle 2: Layette Kits and Socks
- Circle 4: School Kits
- Circle 6: Chestnut Food Pantry & Health Kitts
- Circle 7: School Kits
- UMW volunteers make Stone Soup every 3rd Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.
The UMW General Meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of the month. All ladies of the church are invited to attend. Our programs vary monthly. October through May our luncheon meetings are a covered dish at 11:30 a.m. The September and June meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. Bring a brown bag and desserts will be furnished.
Where does our Missions money go?
Local Missions: ACCESS (Children with HIV/Aids), Transitions, Salvation Army, Peninsula Rescue Mission, Youth Challenge, Wesley Foundation (W&M), United Campus (CNU), Heart Haven, Menchville House, Peninsula Pastoral Counseling Center, Lackey Free Clinic.
Peninsula District Missions: UMCOR United (Disaster Relief), Henry Fork Center, Red Bird Missions, AGAPE on the Eastern Shore, Migrant Ministry (Eastern Shore), Wesley Community Service Center, Mattaponi Healing Eagle Clinic.
For more info, contact Jo Rawls or Penny Sparrow.