UM Women's Ministries
“Those we love can never be more than a thought away ... for as long as there’s a memory, they live in our hearts to stay ..."
Hello, all ladies of Chestnut; this month our General Membership Meeting will be held on May 15 at 11:30 a.m. We’ll start with a covered dish luncheon and our Candle Burning Ceremony afterwards. Patti D. will present the ceremony that represents our memories of deceased loved ones and/or those you highly wish to honor. The donations collected will be given to missions for national and international programs that will empower women, children and youth. Our loving God blesses us to be the very blessing to the world! Come and be our guest. Our Executive Board meeting is May 1 at 9:30 a.m..
The purpose of United Methodist Women is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of missions through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Chestnut Memorial has had a rich history of women working together in the name of Jesus Christ through United Methodist Women. Chestnut has 5 Circles that meet each month with over 100 members. We would like to invite you to join us. You can visit any of the Circles. Walk-ins welcome.
- Circle 1: Meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at 1:00 p.m. in the church, Nancy Moore
- Circle 2: Meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the church, Marjie Carroll
- Circle 4: Meets on the *2nd Wednesday every other month at 6:30 p.m. in the church, Debbie Richardson
- Circle 6: Meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. in the church, Barbara Davis
- Circle 7: Meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. in the church, Pat Belote & Lyn Vaughn
- Circle 1: School Kits
- Circle 2: Health Kits and Socks
- Circle 4: School Kits
- Circle 6: Chestnut Food Pantry and Health Kits
- Circle 7: School Kits
- UMW volunteers make Stone Soup every 3rd Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.
The UMW General Meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of the month. All ladies of the church are invited to attend. Our programs vary monthly. October through May our luncheon meetings are a covered dish at 11:30 a.m. The September and June meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. Bring a brown bag and desserts will be furnished.
Where does our Missions money go?
Local Missions: ACCESS (Children with HIV/Aids), Transitions, Salvation Army, Peninsula Rescue Mission, Youth Challenge, Wesley Foundation (W&M), United Campus (CNU), Heart Haven, Menchville House, Peninsula Pastoral Counseling Center, Lackey Free Clinic.
Peninsula District Missions: UMCOR United (Disaster Relief), Henry Fork Center, Red Bird Missions, AGAPE on the Eastern Shore, Migrant Ministry (Eastern Shore), Wesley Community Service Center, Mattaponi Healing Eagle Clinic.
For more info, contact Jo Rawls or Penny Sparrow.